This tutorial is for when you're using a mouse connected to your security camera dvr and you're viewing it on a monitor connected directly to the DVR - no other computers involved.
If your CCTV DVR system is connected to your local area
network then you should be able to view it on local computers and on
remote computers and smart phones. To find out how go back to the
security camera footage HELP page.
1. RIGHT CLICK to bring up the quick menu.
2. LEFT CLICK on the word Search.
3. At the bottom left select the date and the start time.
4. Optional – Use the drop down menu just to the right of the time to select what type of recorded footage you want to search for – ALL, Alarm, MD(motion detect) or Alarm/MD.
5. Optional – Use the drop down menu just to the right of that to select which channel (camera) you want.
7. To quickly race through the files SINGLE CLICK on the Next File button which looks like >| and is at the bottom right
8. Use the controls at bottom left to play fast or slow or frame by frame – all either forwards or backwards.
1. Insert the memory stick in the USB drive at the rear of the DVR (just above the network cable jack).
2. Select the file you want by clicking in the check box alongside it in the list of files on the right.
3. SINGLE CLICK on the Backup icon at bottom right (looks like an old floppy disk)
4. In the Backup Window that pops up, SINGLE CLICK on both the USB DISK in the top window and on the file name in the bottom window.
5. SINGLE CLICK on the Start button at bottom right of the Backup window.
6. SINGLE CLICK on the OK button and then RIGHT CLICK to get rid of the pop up window.
1. Put the memory stick in the USB drive of your computer.
2. DOUBLE CLICK on the file called play.exe
3. SINGLE CLICK on the Yes button in the dialog box that asks “Do you want to associate the playing file?”
4. You can now view your video file playing in the Player. You can use the Player's controls to play slow, fast, frame by frame forward or backward.
5. To capture a snapshot click on the button with a hand on it near the bottom right of the Player controls. This will save your snapshot as a bitmap file onto the USB stick in a folder called Pic.
6. To convert the video file to .avi format SINGLE CLICK on the AVI box near the top middle of the Player. Then you can view the video using any media player. (Note however that the Police may prefer to get the video in the native, un-converted file format so it's less likely to be challenged as evidence. The best bet is to just give the Police the memory stick.)
And that's how to do the most important stuff on your 66 Series Security Camera DVR.
If you're still stuck you know what to do!
PO Box 32293 Devonport
Phone (09) 551 7716
Quality installation of security cameras Auckland wide, including the North Shore, Waitakere, Manukau, Takapuna, Glenfield, East Coast Bays, Beachaven, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Albany, Northcote, Devonport, Auckland Central, East Auckland, Pakuranga, Howick, Botany, Glendowie, St Heliers, Newmarket, Mt Eden, Epsom, Ponsonby, Grey Lynn, Remuera, Mt Albert, Mt Roskill, Onehunga, Henderson, Te Atatu, West Harbour, Mangere, Otahuhu, Papatoetoe, Otara, Airport Oaks, Penrose.